I’m pleased to bring you Robyn Peterman as my featured author. She’s an all-around great gal, a tremendous talent and one of the funniest people on the planet. Read more about her and pick up her FREE novel, Fashionably Dead!
Robyn Peterman writes because the people inside her head won’t leave her alone until she gives them life on paper. Her addictions include laughing really hard with friends, shoes (the expensive kind), Target, Coke Zero Cherry with extra ice in a styrofoam cup, bejeweled reading glasses, her kids, her super-hot hubby and collecting stray animals. A former professional actress, with Broadway, film and T.V. credits, she now lives in the south with her family and too many animals to count. Writing gives her peace and makes her whole, plus having a job where you can work in your underpants works really well for her. You can leave Robyn a message via the Contact Page and she’ll get back to you as soon as her bizarre life permits! She loves to hear from her fans!
Robyn was nice enough to answer a few questions. Take a moment to get to know her.
- What inspired you to write your current novel?
My obsession with Vampyres!!! It’s called FASHIONABLY DEAD DOWN UNDER and it’s the sequel to FASHIONABLY DEAD. FD was the most fun writing a book I’ve ever had and the sequel was pure pleasure.
- What genres do you write? Any that you’re dying to write but haven’t?
I write snarky sexy contemporaries and snarky sexy paranormals.
- What inspired you to become an author? I ran out of stuff to read!!!
No, I’ve always written, but just never finished anything. Then one day I just said screw it, I can do this and I did.
- Is your novel part of a series? Can you tell me a little about the world you’ve created?
Yep. I have two series running right now; Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters (contemporary) and The Hot Damned Series (paranormal)
- Is there a hidden message in your story and if so what is it?
Um…as far as I know, no. But I’m open to interpretation.
- What do you think reader will enjoy most about your novel?
Hopefully I make them laugh.
- Did you use a critique partner or group to help with revisions and editing?
YES! I have two crit partners, Donna McDonald and JM Madden. They are tremendous writers and everyone should buy all their books. Today. I also have about 6 rockin’ awesome beta readers and the best editor in the world. They all make me look like a better writer.
- What makes your novel unique? Why should I buy it?
My point of view is warped and my mom says I’m funny. I believe on that recommendation alone you should read my books. Thank you.
- What was the hardest part about writing this novel?
For me it’s the end. I tend to write long books and wrapping it all up is hard. I have a difficult time letting it go. This probably means I should go back to therapy.
- Writing is hard where do you find support to keep going when things get tough?
My Hot Hubby, my amazeballs kids and my writing group.
- How long did it take you to write the novel verses revising it?
I write fast. It takes me about six weeks.
- Which two mainstream authors would you say your work most closely resembles and why?
I write strong, funny, fallible heroines and wouldn’t feel comfortable comparing myself to anyone. However I do find that I share readers with Darynda Jones and Dakota Cassidy, both of whom are my friends and are BRILLIANT!!!
- What piece of advice would you give a new author?
Write. Write. Write. Don’t worry if it sucks, that’s what second, third and fourth drafts are for!!
- Is there anyone who stands out as a mentor in your writing career?
I am very lucky to have some amazing women in my corner. Donna McDonald, JM Madden, Monette Michaels, Darynda Jones and Dakota Cassidy.
- Using an X meets Y approach, for example Lord of the Rings meets 50 Shades of Grey, how would you describe your novel?
When Vampyres meet I Love Lucy with hot sex and death….
- Is being an author your primary career?
Yep, although my kids come first.
- How do balance writing with all of life’s responsibilities?
Which ones do you have to juggle? I don’t sleep. Seriously, I don’t.
- What has been your path to success?
Um…I don’t think about that as much as I just try to keep writing good books. Any success is due to the readers who love my work.
- What advice regarding social media and marketing to you offer to new authors?
Facebook has been great for me. I like interaction with readers. Stay active on social media, but make sure you’re still writing.
- What is your favorite quote?
Write drunk. Edit sober. (Ernest Hemingway)
- What is your greatest writing strength?
Weakness? Strength…I write fast. Weakness…I write fast.
- What is the one thing about a book that will make you close the cover and not finish it?
Horrid editing or confusing story line.
- What type of paranormal creature would you most like to be?
- What is the sexiest food and why?
Whipped cream…if I have to explain we have a problem.
- What do you see as your next project and when can we expect it?
The Hot Damned Series is going to be at least six books and I’ve started a new Werewolf series. The first novella, Ready to Were will be out this summer!!! YAY!
- If you could have a super power, which one would you want?
- What is the strangest thing currently housed in your refrigerator?
My daughters science project.
- If you had a time machine, what time period would you travel to?
- Describe yourself in three words.
Loyal. Profane. Happy.
Blurb for Fashionably Dead
Heat level/genre – Hot/Paranormal
Vampyres don’t exist. They absolutely do not exist.
At least I didn’t think they did ‘til I tried to quit smoking and ended up Undead. Who in the hell did I screw over in a former life that my getting healthy equates with dead? Now I’m a Vampyre. Yes, we exist whether we want to or not. However, I have to admit, the perks aren’t bad. My girls no longer jiggle, my ass is higher than a kite and the latest Prada keeps finding its way to my wardrobe. On the downside, I’m stuck with an obscenely profane Guardian Angel who looks like Oprah and a Fairy Fighting Coach who’s teaching me to annihilate like the Terminator.
To complicate matters, my libido has increased to Vampyric proportions and my attraction to a hotter than Satan’s underpants killer rogue Vampyre is not only dangerous . . . it’s possibly deadly. For real dead. Permanent death isn’t on my agenda. Avoiding him is my only option. Of course, since he thinks I’m his, it’s easier said than done. Like THAT’S not enough to deal with, all the other Vampyres think I’m some sort of Chosen One.
Holy Hell, if I’m in charge of saving an entire race of blood suckers, the Undead are in for one hell of a ride.
“Uproariously witty, deliciously provocative, and just plain fun! No one delivers side-splitting humor and mouth-watering sensuality like Robyn Peterman. This is entertainment at its absolute finest!” ~Darynda Jones, NY Times Bestselling Author of the Charley Davidson Series
BUY THE BOOK – FREE ON AMAZON
Other works by Robyn Peterman
Kensington- HOW HARD CAN IT BE? and SIZE MATTERS and COP A FEEL.
Indie- PIRATE DAVE AND HIS RANDY ADVENTURES and FASHIONABLY DEAD and FASHIONABLY DEAD DOWN UNDER and READY TO WERE.
FASHIONABLY DEAD DOWN UNDER – COMING SOON, VERY SOON!
Follow Robyn – You won’t be disappointed!
#robynpeterman #fashionablydeaddwonunder #fashionablydead #howhardcanitbe #sizematters